Layout in Rose's Aussie Traveling Journal

It was an absolute pleasure making a layout in Rose's Bird themed journal. I hadn't had a swap journal to work in for quite awhile and strangely enough, I actually was missing working in one. So, I was very excited to receive two at the same time. The other pages from the ladies are beautiful and the first thing I did was spend near an hour going through my bird pictures. Yes, I do have a lot of bird images...lol...

I also decided to use my gelatos for the background, as I haven't used them in some time. I grabbed out all the blue shades and scribbled on the pages, then activated them all with a baby wipe. I then used the same baby wipe to remove some colour through a beehive shaped stencil and I really liked the way the background turned out.

The bird images were from a calendar, a mother looking down at her babies. I had to rearrange the images to fit on the page (it was a rather large calendar) and at the bottom I spliced and diced...to make a branch and to bring the branch out to reach the other corner. I have done some stamping of birds in opposite corners and also stamped an image of eggs in a nest on my extended branch. I think the page turned out rather well and added the quote..." The bird is powered by its own life and by its motivation"..a quote from APJ Abdul Kalam. I hope you like the layout Rose as much as I did doing it. Thank you xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FLOW-ISH JOURNALS are addictive!!

Artist Trading Card Holder- My Island Home

Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft Creative Project