Monday, 18 April 2016
Every time I picked up Roz's journal looking for some kind of inspiration, I kept thinking of my father and our "tattered and torn apart' family. Si I went with that thought and used a family saying as the focal point of the layout. I put modelling paste, mixed with gold acrylic down and wanted to build up the layers on the page. My grandson had ripped the back page out of an old dictionary (made nanny a little angry) but I decided to use the ripped page on the page. Then to add another layer, I photocopied some of my fathers handwritten letters he had sent me about 20 years ago. Scrunched them up, ran the vintage ink over it with a teal coloured acrylic, trying to get an aged look about it.
I found some cotton netting gauze material and ran the vintage ink over it to get rid of the white starkness. I added a calico border to the page with gold paint on it.
I found some vintage type photos from an old magazine, put gold paint around the edges and glued them on top of the letters.
I had remnants of an old table cloth my mum used when we were growing up, so I cut a flower from it with a bow attached, glued it down and then glued a teal coloured flower over the top of it. I used my ink pen to write the saying, a little bigger than I normally would as I wanted the saying to be the focal point of the layout and the pictures as fill ins. Sort of worked...lol. I added some of the teal to the edges of the page. Everything I tried to make look tattered and I tore all the paper used and my fathers letters and the piece of mums table cloth are my treasured. A pretty emotional layout for me but I think it turned out alright. Thank you.
Saturday, 2 April 2016
I gave myself rather a hard time doing a page in Pam's journal, mainly because I think I had lost my mojo...pushing myself through it, in the end I really liked how the double page turned out. I chose my favourite colour tones....yep, purple...lol. I wanted to keep the back ground relatively plain and have the focus on the swirls and then I couldn't decide what to place in the centers. I came up with purple and white tissue flowers with a button in the center. The button is attached with 2 shades of the purple cotton.
The prompt for this month was Recycle, Reuse and Repurpose. The piece of art at the top was made from scribbling textas onto a piece of acet...
Recently I joined a swap at our Australian Art Swap Group on facebook where we had to put together a flow-ish Journal. I absolutely love put...
This year I decided to have a small 'slow down' in my arting...yeah, hasn't really happened yet...lol. I joined a facebook group...
This months challenge for the Gina Ahrens Design Team was a lot of fun. We had to make our own designed washi tape and then use it in a proj...