Echo Park Paper Dogs - Dog days are over

Echo Park
Paper Dogs

Hello Everyone...
I really needed to pop back for this month, mainly to grab another one point for the Doggies but also to show you how I made these awesome, oh so colourful paper dogs!

A few years ago , I went through a phase of following Romero Britto. He is an amazing Brazillian abstract artist that uses bright colours in his art works. He has a distinct graphic style that blends Pop Art and Cubist-like abstraction. I think they are so awesome and also so very very inspirational.
After being inspired by Romero, I really had to come up with my own dog and that's what I did!


This project uses up the Echo Park I Love My Dog scrap or left over papers from the other projects this month. I went hunting through my template book looking for a certain 'dog' I had drawn from a couple of years ago and was so happy when I found it.

The original drawn picture and template images after dissecting my drawing.

After I found my drawing, I traced it again and then dissected each individual part of the dog to then make a template for ease of tracing. The template was made from the Kaisercraft Chipboard, also sold by Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft.


I cut each individual piece out of the chipboard and then traced around these pieces on to a piece of manilla folder (below). You can also trace them on to some recycled thin cardboard but at the time I didn't have any.


I cut the shapes out of the manilla folder and then decided which piece of bright coloured scrap paper was going to be used for each dog body part. The whole idea is to cover each piece with a different pattern and/or colour, so the dog is very abstract and whimsical looking.


The manilla folder cut out is then glued to the patterned or coloured paper and then cut out again when the glue has dried. I used a black marker and went round the edge of each piece defining the edge of the dog body parts. It is then just a matter to glue the individual pieces together then to make a whimsical gorgeous abstract dog.


This is so fun!! 
 You don't have to be an expert drawer to draw a dog. You can use specific shapes and put them together to make an abstract dog as well.

These are the other little doggies I made in the process.

To decorate the front of my doggies, I cut out the little images from the Woof Woof patterned paper from Echo Park I love My Dog collection and glued them to the front of the dog. They all look so darn cute!!

You can watch the full process video below:


So many uses for these gorgeous little doggies!

Hope you will make some yourself.
 I'd love to see your abstract styled dogs in group.
 But remember, enjoy yourself and have heaps of fun!

WOOF WOOF
Wendy xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FLOW-ISH JOURNALS are addictive!!

Artist Trading Card Holder- My Island Home

Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft Creative Project