Small Glued Spine Journal

Small Glue Spine Journal

This is the last of my challenge projects for this month
 and I'm sure you will find this fun and creative. 



 When you finish putting the journal pages together you can decorate it 
however you please. But, the Graphic 45 Little Woman Collection papers 
were just too beautiful not to use. It gives your small no fuss journal an
air of vintage elegance.

To start: I used 3 pieces of the Little Woman Collection: Boundless Beauty, Sisterly Love and Orchard House.


 I cut the first paper at 16cm by 22cm. The second paper was cut at 16cm by 21.5cm and the third piece of paper was cut at 21cm.



Each paper is the scored at 4 inches with the longest side up. I flip the paper around and then scored the other side at 4 inches again. This will give you a small spine once the papers have been folded.
(NOTE* each spine will be a different size)



The pages are then folded over at their score marks and glue is placed down the outside of the second (bit smaller) spine and glued into the inside arger spine. This step is repeated with the last remaining paper. So, the largest spine is the outside page and then the next smallest to the smallest. As shown below.


 That is your journal made. Now, it's up to you to decorate it.
On the front and back outside covers, I used one of the 4 by 6 inch
 Little Woman journaling cards...so very pretty!



I continued using the Graphic 45 Little Woman Stickers, tags and pockets sheet and the journaling card collections. Such a gorgeous collection, I love...


I also cut a few mats, which allow you to write on or place a beloved photo on. These mats were cut at 9.5cms by 12cms and I used vintage sepia ink to ink the edges.
I also cut a small pockets for some of the pages and used an old punch for a bit of decoration.



Below shows some photos of the embellishing I put on the pages...


Using the Little Woman Tags and Pockets sheets below...




 Little Woman Sticker sheet was used for some of the decorating...




I cut some card stock fro my supplies for a small pocket and layered it with some off cuts from previous projects of the Little Woman papers...



On the very last page, I used my Tim Holtz Thinlits pocket strips die as a lovely decorative piece and placed some of the Little Woman embellishments in it.


 I also added an eyelet to the spine which I then thread 
a cream coloured tassle through.


You may like to watch my process video below:



I am really enjoying this months challenge in Crafty Vera and Friends facebook group and I'm hoping you are all enjoying it yourselves and having fun following along and making some of the projects.

GO TEAM WENDY!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FLOW-ISH JOURNALS are addictive!!

Artist Trading Card Holder- My Island Home

Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft Creative Project