Friday, 27 January 2017

Decorating my 'bordered' page

Once I had cut the bordered edges out of my art journal using the stamp template from Gina Ahrens, I had made....I wanted to put my first journal page down and get this 2017 art journal flowing with lots of colour.

In this layout I have used quite a variety of colours from the range of distress paint dabbers. Then using a circle stencil and also a homemade stamp to add a few more layers on to the background.

My focal image is a photocopy of a collage I did at the end of 2016, which fit rather well on the colour of the background. Then stamping the saying onto a piece of baking paper and gluing it down using matte medium gel. I also used a black stabillo all pencil to define the edges of my focal image.

Finally, using a signo white pen and a sharpie fine point marker to add some highlights and definitions to the image and my page was finished


       

                                         " BE A BRAVER YOU AND TRY NEW THINGS."

You can view my process here...

Thanks for stopping by xox

My Layout in Roz Willoughby's Silhouette Journal

One of my favourite themes is the silhouette and I finally had the chance to work in Roz Willoughby's silhouette themed journal. The pag...