My Layout in Joan's Creatures of the Bay Journal R3

I thoroughly enjoyed working in Joan's Creatures of the Bay Journal. I started the background by using three shades of blue and purposely going lighter towards the center for the illusion of light shining down. I used a circle stencil representing the waves or tides/flows of the ocean and also the drop of water used in the saying A rather abstract view point but I do like it.




After recently having fun in my own journals using silhouettes, I decided to use a silhouette of the beautiful whales of the ocean life. There were also some lovely patterned napkins with Joan's journal and I pulled one apart and used the beautiful shells as another layer of my ocean. I know I'm using the word 'ocean' more than "Bay" but this was what I was drawn to do in Joan's journal, so I went with it. Lastly, an appropriate saying for my spread was..."In one drop of water are found all the secrets of all the oceans"...Kahil Gibran
I am very pleased with the outcome of this layout and I hope it brings you some joy Joan, Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FLOW-ISH JOURNALS are addictive!!

Artist Trading Card Holder- My Island Home

Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft Creative Project