Hello Everyone,

I'm so excited to be blogging my first project for Aunty Vera's Creative Team. This month our theme is 'It Was Only A Kiss' and the very first thing I thought of was an excerpt from the movie Peter Pan where Wendy gives him a thimble and calls it 'a kiss'. Such a loving and magical memory. Keeping this in mind, I decided to make a small gift box, something that you could put lollies or some kind of sweet in as a gift to someone you care about.

To start, I used a piece of the Photo Play paper - Thief of Hearts, measuring 6 inches by 4 inches.


Scoring on the longest side. I scored at 1 inch, then 2 3/4 inches, then 3 3/4 inches and then 5 1/2 inches. Then along the 4inch side I scored at the 1 inch mark. After scoring all that was needed, I gently folded the score lines.


I then cut the rectangle shape from the smallest fold out (as seen in the above picture) and proceeded to cut small slits up to the 1 inch score line. Choosing the desired pattern for the front of the box, place a strip of double-sided tape along the smallest fold (shown on left below). This will adhere to the other side, giving you the sides of the box. Then fold the bottom side flaps of box in and then fold the two remaining larger bottom flaps in. Place a stip of double-sided tape to adhere the bottom of the box (as seen on the right below).

                                                   

You now have your mini box that is ready to be decorated any way you wish. 

I used an already cut small tag and a sentiment from the Bouquet of Hearts Stamp set from Pink Fresh Studios which said, 'Thinking of You', with the Blazing Red Stazon ink

  
Then, to jazz the tag up a little, I dabbed the sides of the tag in embossing ink, sprinkled some of the WOW Primary Apple Red Embossing Powder on the edges and used my heat gun to active it. It gave it a lovely shining edge. To finish off decorating the tag for the front of my box, I made a small bow from some twine and placed a Prima Flower on the corner of the tag with hot glue.


To attach the tag to the box after pressing the top sides of the box together, I used a red mini clip from my supplies. Dimensions of the finished box is 1 inch by 1 inch by 1 3/4 inches. I placed some Love Heart sweets in the box and below is the finished project of my gift "It was only a Kiss" Gift Box.


You can view the entire process in the video below:



Thank you for staopping by xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FLOW-ISH JOURNALS are addictive!!

Artist Trading Card Holder- My Island Home

Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft Creative Project