Handmade Journal Pen


JOURNAL PEN

These handmade journal pens look wonderful and are so very useful if you are an avid journaler. They all have a paper-clip on the back of them, which is used to slid your pen over your page and can also be used as a bookmark in your journal.



What I used:
* Pen refills (mine purchased from Officeworks Aust.)
* Strips of Aunthentique 'Solitude One' paper
* Double-sided tape
* Paper-clip
* PVA glue
* An Awl to punch a hole
* Some clips to hold sides together whie glue is drying
* Threads from my supplies

I started using two strips of Authentique 'Solitude One' patterned paper each cut at 1 inch wide, with lengths cut at 5 1/2 inches and the other cut at 6 1/2 inches.



The 6 1/2 inch strip is folded at about an inch on one end, where a small hole is made in the center of the fold line. This is where the pen refil will be pshed through. Place some double-sided tape alongthe center of each strip and then push the pen refill cartridge through the hole until the nib is showing. I then placed some PVA glue to the very edge of the inside folded flap and pressed it down.


I cut and thread some fibers through the end of a paper clip and pushed it onto the end of the strip of paper holding the pen refill. 


Once my paper clip is pushed on. I put a little more glue are the edges of the 5 1/2 inch strip and placed it on top.
To hold the edges together until the glue dries, I used some clamps. It doesn't take long for the glue to dry but this just makes sure the edges are connected to front and back.


Then after removing the clamps, I inked around the edges of the pen with some vintage sepia ink. I cut two angled pieces from each side near the nib of the pen and then gave it a little ink also.



To add a little decoration to the front of the pen, I cut out the company name "Authentique" and used double-sided tape to adhere it to the front of the pen.


Front and Back View Below




This was a very easy and useful project that will look wonderful clipped over the top of your page in your journal or even given as a gift to a special friend.




Some of the other journal pens I made:

You may like to watch my process video below:




I hope you enjoyed this fun easy useful project. 

Wendy xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FLOW-ISH JOURNALS are addictive!!

Artist Trading Card Holder- My Island Home

Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft Creative Project