Paper Doll Snow Angel

Paper Doll Snow Angel


I have a passion for making paper dolls as well as art dolls, so what a better way to fill a cold rainy day than to stay indoors and play with some beautiful papers and make your own paper doll.  

I have called this little lady my 'Snow Angel' and she is a lovely addition to my paper doll journal. As I was cutting out some of the snow crystal dies, I thought it might be fun to actually make this little lady from other die shapes I had in my supplies and then piece them together and see what I could come up with.



What I Used:
*A selcection of the Solitude patterned paper from Authentique
*Kaisercraft Snow Crystal Die Set
*Hero Arts Dye Inks-Winter, set of 4
*Echo Park Cheery Snowflakes Designer Stencil
*From my own supplies-a large heart shaped die, a large butterfly die, a 1inch circle die, a small friskars snowflake punch, PVA Craft glue and some white paper/card.

             I made my snow angel first by cutting out a large heart shape and turning it upside down to use the point as her neck base and then covering this with some of the Authentique Solitude patterned paper I had left over from previos projects. I then cut her angel wings from a large butterfly die. I cut the butterfly in half and placed a wing shape on either side of the body. I've used a circle die for her head and drew on a little face. To decorate my angel I punched a heap of small snowflakes out and glued them on the bottom of her dress, her neck and a few for her hair. Then for her halo, I used the largest die from the Kaisercraft Snow Crystal Die Set, cut some of the fronds off and glued them to the back of her head...my make believe halo.


When I finished making my snow angel doll, I grabbed my paper doll journal and found a page for her. I wanted some colour on the background, a little not a lot, so I decided to use the Hero Arts Winter Dye  set of 4. The shades of each dye are so complimentary with each of the colours, they turned out so beautiful as the background colour. I cut a scrap of paper to make a waving line and seperated the page roughly into three and used a different colour dye for each section on the page.



           After putting down my first layer using the Hero Arts Dye Set, I used the Echo Park Cheery Snowflake stencil with some white acrylic paint for a second layer for my background. I cut quite a few of the Kaisercraft Snow Crystals out using the dies from the set and placed them around my page as another layer for my background.


        The Echo Park Snowflake Stencil is a wonderful size to use and the pattern can be used as a whole or you can use the individual shaped snowflakes in any of your projects for something different.

         I cut quite a few of the Kaisercraft Snow Crystals out using the dies from the set and placed them around my page as another layer for my background. Because I had chosen a page that had already been cut at an angle, I also glued some of the medium sized snow crystal hanging over the edge.




Once I had finished making my background and gluing down my snow crystals, I had a perfect wintery background to place my paper snow angel on.


To finish off my layout, I chose one of the cut out sayings from the Authentique Solitude collection and glued it to the opposite page to my snow angel. To add a little bit of sparkle around my layout, I grabbed some Stickles and placed a small amount on each snowflake shape and when the light catches it, it gives off a lovely little sparkle.


I just love the way my Snow Angel turned out and her winter background suits her well, I'm pretty sure she is not going to melt any time soon...heehee!


I hope you enjoyed reading how I made my wintery layout  and you can watch my  process video by clicking below:



Thank you 
Have a Great Winters Day!
Wendy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FLOW-ISH JOURNALS are addictive!!

Artist Trading Card Holder- My Island Home

Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft Creative Project