Monday, 20 February 2017

Index Cards- Inspired by Banksy- Street Art

Making some index cards as part of a challenge from the facebook group MY YEAR 2017 by Cindy Utter. Cindy threw out a challenge to make some tags for February so I twerked the challenge to suit the style I was following in February and my inspirational artist for the month whom is Banksy.

I started using two normal index cards and two pieces of patterned card. On one index card I glued a brick work pattern and the left over piece I tore and glued to one of the cards. I then dabbed some Distress paint dabbers on them to put some colour on the back ground. From there I used a lead pencil, black gel pen, a white chalk pencil and white signo pen to add scribble on each of the cards. I also done some random stamping using a mixture of different stamps. On two of the index cards I also used stencils to add more interest to them.

The picture below shows the finished back grounds, which are all looking pretty cool...


Once I was happy with the back grounds, I hunted the internet finding some focal images to use on my grafitti wall background. Iprinted out a couple of images and placed them on the cards and then some finishing details of outlining the images using a black watercolour pencil.

















My process video can be viewed here:



Then, I added my name in the form of a 'tag' and called my Banksy inspired street art index cards done.

 Hope you enjoy and thanks for staopping by xox Wendy xox

My Layout in Roz Willoughby's Silhouette Journal

One of my favourite themes is the silhouette and I finally had the chance to work in Roz Willoughby's silhouette themed journal. The pag...