Decorating my 'bordered' page

Once I had cut the bordered edges out of my art journal using the stamp template from Gina Ahrens, I had made....I wanted to put my first journal page down and get this 2017 art journal flowing with lots of colour.

In this layout I have used quite a variety of colours from the range of distress paint dabbers. Then using a circle stencil and also a homemade stamp to add a few more layers on to the background.

My focal image is a photocopy of a collage I did at the end of 2016, which fit rather well on the colour of the background. Then stamping the saying onto a piece of baking paper and gluing it down using matte medium gel. I also used a black stabillo all pencil to define the edges of my focal image.

Finally, using a signo white pen and a sharpie fine point marker to add some highlights and definitions to the image and my page was finished


       

                                         " BE A BRAVER YOU AND TRY NEW THINGS."

You can view my process here...

Thanks for stopping by xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FLOW-ISH JOURNALS are addictive!!

Artist Trading Card Holder- My Island Home

Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft Creative Project