Artist Trading Card Holder- My Island Home

 ATC HOLDERS


This is a very fast and easy project. I used my the leftover image pieces from the Sweeping Plains Papers to decorate a few Artist Trading Card Holders. Each made holder can store eight ATC's.The base of the holder is made from cardstock I had in my own supplies and the pockets that hold the ATCs, I made from a manilla folder.

The Base


Cut your cardstock to 11" x 3". Then score at 2 1/2", 3 1/4", 7" and 7 3/4"/ Fold on score lines.

The Pockets


Cut your manilla folder to 6" x 4". You will need to cut and make eight pockets. Score with long side up at 2 3/4" and 5 1/2". Then turn once with short side up and score at 1/2". Fold along score lines. Cut the small square off the bottom corner and then cut from 2 3/4 score line to edge, taking off  the long 1/2" panel.


Use your double sided Ranger LetterIT tape and place on the botton flap and the side flap. Fold over score lines to make your pocket. I used a 1" circle punch to punch out a small slot at the top of each pocket.



When you have made each pocket, I placed a strip of tape down the center back of seven of the pockets and on the eighth pocket, I put tape in a square shape. This will hold the pockets firmer to the base cover. I inked around the edge of each pocket with the Rhubbarb Stalk MementoLUXE ink.


To put the pockets together, you place one on top of the other using the pocket with the squared shaped tape as the bottom pocket. This is taped to the inside of the cover. I then cut out base matting for the front and back of the holder cover and also cut out a decorative image from the Sweeping Plains paper to be put on the base matting.



For a closure I used a self adhesive velcro circle cut in half. Also for something different I sewed a button on one of the top flaps, used with some twine.


Added a decorative piece to the front pocket.






Below: back view










You can watch the full process below:


Hope you enjoyed this fun useful project. Go and make some Aussie themed ATC Holders for yourself or as a gift to send to a friend.

Have a Great Day !

Wendy xox


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FLOW-ISH JOURNALS are addictive!!

Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft Creative Project