Fridge Magnets- My Island Home

 Fridge Magnets

G'Day Everyone!

This month we get to play with the wonderful paper collection from Couture Creations -Sweeping Plains! This is a great Aussie themed collection which gave me a good laugh reading some of our slang sayings...

Recently, I was giving our car a quick tidy out because it was due for a rego check. In the boot I picked up my daughter's old magnet 'P' plates. Honestly don't know how long they had been in our boot...lol...anyway, I thought it was time to throw them out, or maybe give them to someone we knew on their 'P's'...hmmm, better still I can use them...I LOVE HANDMADE FRIDGE MAGNETS!!...and what a better way to repurpose them.
  So, this month I thought I would start off with an extremely simple project. All you'll need is a strong wet glue and a pair of scissors, an  old "P" magnet plate, some Dimensional Magic and those gorgeous birds from the Couture Creations Sweeping Plains Die Ephemera Pack.




I gave the plate a good wipe over with some alcohol, to clean all the dirt from it.



The images in the Sweeping Plains Ephemera pack are just wonderful, especially the Aussie Bird images. The bird images were a perfect size to be placed on the magnet 'P' plate.

As there was no need to cut the bird images out, I started by giving the edges an quick ink with my Distress Oxide-Vintage Photo.

I then proceeded to glue each bird image onto the 'P' plate using a wet glue.


Once the glue was dried, I cut around each bird image with a pair of scissors. Then, to protect and finish my magnets off, I gave each image a coat of Dimensional Magic.

And....That's it guys! A super fast, fun and so very easy process. My new collection of fridge magnets are now proudly placed on my fridge holding pictures of my grandkids.

You can watch the full process in the video below:

Well, that's it for this project guys!..

Hope you all have a great day!

Wendy xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FLOW-ISH JOURNALS are addictive!!

Artist Trading Card Holder- My Island Home

Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft Creative Project