Art Journal Page-The Life Within The Seed

Hello Everyone,
 A few years back I drew and made a flower girl paper doll. She was one of my first paper dolls and after going through my paper doll journal, I realised I hadn't added one of her to it. So this project is about adding my flower girl to my paper doll journal and using up some of the scrap BoBunny patterned papers I had left over from other projects.

What I used in this project:
*My Doll Art Journal
*A selection of BoBunny patterned papers
*Black Marker
*Pva glue OR glue stick
*A selection of Kaisercraft paints
*some buttons / decorations of your choice
*Flower stamps from my supplies
*Vintage Ink pad

I used a pattern of my flowergirl I drew a few years back. As seen below and I cut a couple of each piece from the left over BoBunny patterned papers. The papers are wonderful to mix and match together.




Once I had my individual pieces cut out I chose the ones I wanted to use to make my flower girl paper doll.



I gave the edges a dusting with a vintage ink and then use a permanent marker to line the edges. Then it was time to glue the pieces together bringing my flower girl paper doll to life. I drew her face on and added a few small buttons I had from my own supplies which were in the same pastel shades as the BoBunny papers.


 Once my flower girl was put together, I added some paints to my journal page and when happy with the background colours I glued my doll to the page. I used some white gesso to paint in some seeds, a shoot and a little bigger plant to the left side of where I glued my flower girl down.


I also used a small flower stamp to put a border around the journal page and then hand wrote this months title along the cut side of my page..."The Life Within The Seed". This layout shows how after planting a few seeds in the ground and letting them grow: it can turn into a beautiful Flower Girl Doll...heehee!

Below is the final page in my paper doll journal and I love the way it turned out. I really enjoy making paper dolls and I think this little one looks fabulous from using the BoBunny patterned paper range.


You can watch the full making of her in the video below:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FLOW-ISH JOURNALS are addictive!!

Artist Trading Card Holder- My Island Home

Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft Creative Project