Australia Day 2020 -Wendy


HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY 
2020
          It certainly has been a busy start to the year for me. Recently I had a family reunion with my youngest sister, Robyn. I haven't  seen my youngest sister for around 12 years. She travelled up from Newcastle with her three children, their partners and their children. Robyn had organised it so the youngest children in both our families could finally get to meet each other. It really was an awesome day. We all had a wondeful BBQ on the banks of the Tweed River. The kids got to have a swim as well as a play in the playground.  All the adults got to reminisce, have a good chat and heaps of laughing...with a few alcoholic beverages in the mix as well.


 This is our clan !!! 

To me Australia Day is all about families. So even though our reunion was a little before the actual date, I'm still classing this as the best Australia Day ever. My husband, Richard, who has been ill on and off for the past few years was even well enough to join all of us for the day. It was fabulous!!

So what am I actually doing on Australia Day this Year? My truck driving son-in-law, Ronnie, will actually be home and my immediate family have organised another day on the Tweed River.



      Ronnie is going to bring his boat down so we can all enjoy a nice boat ride on the river. The kids get to have a swim, we will all stuff our faces with fabulous food and a few beverages but most importantly enjoy our time together.

Ronnie's Boat

So no matter what you are planning this year, whether it be busy or quiet, make the most of your day and enjoy yourself.
 Remember to Slip, Slop,Slap, if your outside and stay hydrated!


Have a wonderful Australia Day everyone!

Wendy xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FLOW-ISH JOURNALS are addictive!!

Artist Trading Card Holder- My Island Home

Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft Creative Project