Wednesday, 18 November 2015

Journal page in Art Log

Had a lot of fun doing this page. When I stopped worrying about how it will end up and not thinking about how it is looking thru the stages, I am finding I am enjoying doing the genre steampunk.  I placed a few strips of paper down over a gessoed page and used acrylic paint in Steel Blue and red ochre.
 Used a few rub ons which I haven't used before and with the first one I actually rubbed it on the wrong side and took off half the butterfly I placed on the bottome of her dress. Well, yeah...you learn by your mistakes...lol. I also used three clock face stickers I had in my stash of ephemera for awhile.
 Also stamped a script stamp on the background. White acrylic paint stippled on for stean coming from the hot air balloon. I really like this effect.
 A little flourish in two of the corners, photocopied pictures of the clock and hot air balloon and the lady is a cut out from a magazine. Also a few more rub ons of cogs.
Hope you enjoyed my page and go and try one for yourself.

My Layout in Roz Willoughby's Silhouette Journal

One of my favourite themes is the silhouette and I finally had the chance to work in Roz Willoughby's silhouette themed journal. The pag...