Journal page in Art Log

Had a lot of fun doing this page. When I stopped worrying about how it will end up and not thinking about how it is looking thru the stages, I am finding I am enjoying doing the genre steampunk.  I placed a few strips of paper down over a gessoed page and used acrylic paint in Steel Blue and red ochre.
 Used a few rub ons which I haven't used before and with the first one I actually rubbed it on the wrong side and took off half the butterfly I placed on the bottome of her dress. Well, yeah...you learn by your mistakes...lol. I also used three clock face stickers I had in my stash of ephemera for awhile.
 Also stamped a script stamp on the background. White acrylic paint stippled on for stean coming from the hot air balloon. I really like this effect.
 A little flourish in two of the corners, photocopied pictures of the clock and hot air balloon and the lady is a cut out from a magazine. Also a few more rub ons of cogs.
Hope you enjoyed my page and go and try one for yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FLOW-ISH JOURNALS are addictive!!

Artist Trading Card Holder- My Island Home

Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft Creative Project