My Christmas House In The Making

I have a few projects in the making and the first one I'd like to share with you all is this handmade recycled cardboard house. I will be decorating it with a Christmas theme, and here's hoping I have it made and decorated before Christmas.

So as you can see below, I have made a start on my house, I have used a box from one of my daughters' Avon deliveries but you can use an empty box you have laying around. My measurements for this are: width is 12 inches and the height to center roof point is roughly 18 inches. The sides of the house are around 1 1/2 inches (I used the width of my ruler and just cut so not really measuring).

Then using the hot glue gun, I glued the sides, top and bottom and the roof onto the cut out base of the house.
From there I roughly measured the rooms for the inside and glued in the dividing walls using the hot glue. For the bottom, middle and attic I used a gel medium to glue down crinkled tissue paper on the walls and roof of each room (I wanted a lot of texture ), But as I wanted a different texture for the top floor, I decided to glue down some paddle pop sticks (which will be painted over later) so the walls would have a more timber look to them.
My next step was to give it all a good coating with some gesso. This is to get it ready to put some colour on to it. Front covered in gesso...
 ...and back
My next step is to paint the back and using a brick stencil to make it look like a brick house.

So now the back and sides have dried, I am going to give the rooms on the front a coat of paint. I have decided to use a pale blue colour for the rooms. I have mixed an antique white (a cream colour) with ultramarine blue to give me the pale blue for inside the walls. I will have to give the rooms with the paddle pop sticks a couple more coats of paint to bring them into line with the other rooms. The colour of the sticks were a bit bright, so they definitely will need more coats of paint.
So, at this moment, I am quite happy with how far I have progressed I love the texture on the walls and ceilings, yes, I am very happy with it so far.

 Now the fun starts and that is decorating the individual rooms with a Christmas theme.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FLOW-ISH JOURNALS are addictive!!

Artist Trading Card Holder- My Island Home

Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft Creative Project