Saturday, 21 November 2015

Two Finished DAJ pages for a swap

I had a very eventful crafting day today. I'm still on the 'steampunk' Deconstructed Art Journal (DAJ) pages. I finished two today that I will be using for a swap at the Australian Art Swap Group on facebook. I'm pretty pleased with the way these pages turned out. They were both similar but I used different images on them. Hope this inspires you to have a go for yourself.

The is the front of the first DAJ page
 This is the middle of the first page...Full of texture and bits and pieces.
 And the back side of the first page...I collaged the mechanical horse head on the body..lol...something different but I liked it.
 This is the front of the second page...
 ...and the middle, It is full of texture and I love it.
 This is the back of the second page. I really like how this turned out.
Hope it gives you some inspiration to try it yourself.

Wednesday, 18 November 2015

Journal page in Art Log

Had a lot of fun doing this page. When I stopped worrying about how it will end up and not thinking about how it is looking thru the stages, I am finding I am enjoying doing the genre steampunk.  I placed a few strips of paper down over a gessoed page and used acrylic paint in Steel Blue and red ochre.
 Used a few rub ons which I haven't used before and with the first one I actually rubbed it on the wrong side and took off half the butterfly I placed on the bottome of her dress. Well, yeah...you learn by your mistakes...lol. I also used three clock face stickers I had in my stash of ephemera for awhile.
 Also stamped a script stamp on the background. White acrylic paint stippled on for stean coming from the hot air balloon. I really like this effect.
 A little flourish in two of the corners, photocopied pictures of the clock and hot air balloon and the lady is a cut out from a magazine. Also a few more rub ons of cogs.
Hope you enjoyed my page and go and try one for yourself.

Sunday, 15 November 2015

DAJ page -SteamPunk

I had a very productive day today. Well, sort of. I was trying out a new genre for me which was steampunk. There is a swap coming up at the end of this month for a steampunk deconstructed art journal page (DAJ) and this was my first time trying the theme of steampunk. I had watched quite a few videos to give me some sort of idea on what to do. Any way, here is the finished product of my first DAJ page themed Steampunk.
This is the front...
 Here is the back...
 And this is the middle of the page...
I still have two more pages to do for the swap and they will be similar but slightly different than this one.This is quite a challenge for me and totally out of my comfort zone but like I always say, "You've got to give it a go!"